Yesterday wrapped up the second AIARE 1 Avalanche Course of the season. After a couple days of mixed classroom & field sessions the group was ready to plan a trip into Tuckerman Ravine. Mother Nature provided some excellent field conditions with an avalanche advisory listing wind slabs, wet slabs, and wet loose avalanches all possible, or even likely, if someone were to wander into a start zone or find that sweet spot.
We just had one spot open up for our January 17th course. All of our other scheduled courses are either sold out and have wait lists! If you know someone searching for a course this winter let them know!